The Best Rocking Chair for Nursing and the Nursery
The title above seems a boast, but is a promise.
If our rocking chair is not the best for your family,
you may return it for a full refund including shipping both ways.
The Weeks Rocker® is excellent for nursing
and nurturing* because it was designed to be.
- The seat is generous and scooped deeply to relieve pressure on the hipbones.
- The back splats support the lumbar and relieve the muscles of the lower back.
- The motion is balanced and near effortless.
- The headrest supports the head. (Unless you are very tall or long of body.)
- The armrests are positioned, pitched, and contoured to softly support the arms as they nestle a baby or child. This is profound.
- The chair is comfortable for even those occasional long sessions when it's not so much fun.
*We include "nurturing" as a given corollary to "nursing." All the family benefits from rocking the babies, reading to the children, making memories.
Working for Families is Part of the Calling of Craftsmanship
Some of the most centered, contented, and cherished times of our lives were spent rocking our children. So making a chair for people to rock theirs feels like important work.
Hearing from Families is Much of the Reward
February 27, 2018
My parents gave me the Weeks Rocker in pecan in 1995 to celebrate the birth of our first child. Many hours have been spent in that chair reading and dozing a little too! I believe my parents (who live in Fort Worth) came upon your rockers at a bed and breakfast — and hunted you down to place the order.
That rocking chair has moved from Tennesee to Virginia to Florida to Washington State to North Carolina and now resides in Colorado! It has truly traveled coast to coast rocking kids of all ages!
We were thrilled to find you on the Internet — still making the same rocker! We wouldn't change a thing! It is our pleasure to give one to our daughter, B. and her husband to celebrate the same event!
Thank you for your commitment to craftmanship — it is well worth the effort!
Your Child Can Rock His or Her Grandchildren in the Same Chair
After the children have decided that they would rather read to themselves, one of our custom rocking chairs has no shabby upholstery, broken springs, or failing mechanisms. It remains a favorite place to sit for family and guests...while it waits for the next generation.
When a worthy object has a family’s history invested in it, it becomes an heirloom. We build them.
We have observed that often:
- Grandparents order a rocker for their children in the first trimester of a pregnancy.
- Expectant mothers order a rocker for themselves in the second.
- Expectant fathers order a rocker for their mates on the due date.